Job TitleFarming Operations Technology Instructor
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Northwest is accepting applications for a full-time Farming Operations Technology instructor located at the Bells Campus.
Application Deadline: Review of application will commence immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Application Procedure: Please visit https://tcatnorthwest.edu/about/jobs-and-employment for the TCAT Northwest employment application. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, transcripts, and application to:
Teresa Yates, Tennessee College of Applied Technology Ripley
340 Washington Street
Newbern, TN 38059
EOE/Title IX/Title VI/ADA Employer
A Tennessee Board of Regents institution
- Requires a technical diploma, Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Education, or related field preferred.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in an agricultural setting.
- Prior experience teaching at the secondary or post-secondary level a plus.
- Ability to interact with postsecondary and secondary students.
- Possess a strong technical background in precision agriculture, crop production, or livestock production.
- Knowledgeable of a variety of agricultural technologies including sensors, handhelds, drones, and comfortable working with industry-standard software.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle to travel to work-based learning sites within the college service area.
- Ability to work in a variety of weather conditions for periods of time.
- Must show evidence of good character, mature attitude, and stable personality.
- Must possess average computer skills.
- Must possess a general knowledge of mechanical skills, general welding skills, basic electricity, and farm maintenance skills.
- Possess the organizational and communication skills necessary to teach all areas of Farming Operations Technology.
- Commitment to remain current in the Farming Operations field and maintain accreditation standards.
- Provide individualized classroom, lab, and field work instruction to postsecondary and secondary students to prepare them for employment in agricultural fields.
- Monitor, grade, and evaluate students’ progress and maintain student records.
- Assist in recruitment and placement of students.
- Maintain appropriate records and submit timely reports.
- Participate in professional development activities.
- Maintain good public relations with business and industry.
- Develop and maintain an advisory group comprised of industry personnel for continued program improvement.
- Perform other duties as assigned by administration.