The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Newbern is accepting applications for the position of Machine Tool Technology Instructor located at Dyersburg High School. This is a modified fiscal year 10-month position.
Application Deadline: Review of application will commence immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Application Procedure: Please visit https://tcatnewbern.edu/about/jobs-and-employment for a copy of the TCAT Newbern job application. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, transcripts, and application to:
Teresa Yates, Tennessee College of Applied Technology Newbern,
340 Washington Street, Newbern, TN 38059
EOE/Title IX/Title VI/ADA Employer
A Tennessee Board of Regents Institution
- Technical diploma or equivalent higher education with credentials in related field. Associate degree preferred.
- NIMS Certification or a desire to achieve NIMS Certification is required.
- Minimum of three years’ work experience in machine tool; classroom experience and appropriate administration experience in delivery of workforce education and training is preferred.
- Must be proficient in the use of vertical and horizontal milling machines, manual engine lathes, grinders, drill press, saws, Die sinker EDM, computer numerical controlled (CNC) machines such as Fanuc controllers; Haas Machining Centers and other equipment related to the machine tool industry.
- Must possess the organizational and communications skills necessary to be an effective teacher.
- Be willing to learn and use individualized instructional techniques.
- Be willing to maintain personal credentialing and certification as required.
- Must have effective ability to utilize Microsoft Office programs; audio/visual equipment and software; and working knowledge of maintaining student records and/or sensitive information.
- Must be an enthusiastic team player who is willing to take initiative and go above and beyond the call of duty in a changing work environment and whose career objectives include being a member of a dynamic and growing institution that has a vision to expand its services and increase its offerings to the citizens, businesses, and industries in its service area.
- Must possess extensive knowledge, skills, and experience to provide effective instruction in areas including, but not limited to math concepts, engineering drawings, benchwork, manual machines, manual milling machines, computerized numerical controls machining, precision grinding, additive manufacturing, and electrical discharge machining.
- Ability to administer written and performance tests to measure progress and maintain student records and attendance in a timely manner.
- Provide technical instruction relevant to the actual work environment using the prescribed program curriculum.
- Exercise methods of recruitment and retention of students.
- Ensure harmony working with the college’s lead instructors, follow goals and objectives, and the statewide curriculum.
- Ensure efficient and safe delivery of instruction to students.
- Perform related tasks and other duties as assigned.