Applying to a TCAT
Review the programs of study and any program-specific admission requirements. Complete the FAFSA to apply for the Pell grant, TN Promise scholarship, the TN Reconnect and the Wilder-Naifeh Technical Skills Grant.
Find A Program
Review the programs of study and any program-specific admission requirements.
Complete the FAFSA to apply for the Pell grant, TN Promise scholarship, the TN Reconnect and the Wilder-Naifeh Technical Skills Grant.
Student Services Office-Main Campus
340 Washington Street
Newbern, TN 38059
ONLINE APPLICANTS: If you submit an online application, you will need to monitor your email as we will likely email you further information. You should also contact the college periodically to follow-up with your application process. Inaccurate addresses and phone numbers will likely prevent us from making contact with you regarding enrollment.
General Admission Requirements
- Program enrollment is based on a first-come, first-served basis by date of completed application. (A completed application includes all items required for enrollment.)
- Persons seeking admission to a college must be at least 18 years of age or have a high school diploma or equivalent. For full-time programs, the applicant must declare an occupational objective and demonstrate reasonable potential for achieving that objective.
- All persons who are required to register for the Federal Draft under 50 U.S.C. App. Section 453 are not eligible to enroll in any post-secondary school until they have registered with selective service.
Program-Specific Admission Requirements
Educational and admission requirements vary from program to program.
Prospective Pharmacy Technology students must complete the entrance packet below. Please submit the completed packet to Student Services at the Covington Branch Campus.
Dental Assisting Technology
Deadline for Fall 2023 Class, which begins September 5, 2023, is July 21, 2023.
Please click link below to print application packet.
Dental Assisting Technology Entrance Packet 2023
- Must be 18 years of age.
- D.O.T. medical exam.
- Negative drug screening test (must be within 30 days of starting class).
- Ten year MVR - student can have no more than three moving violations and/or accidents within the past three years and no alcohol or drug-related convictions in the last three years.
- Be a resident of TN and hold a valid state of TN driver's license.
- Obtain a commercial driver's license permit (DPA) prior to starting class.
- Attend an orientation session.