Applying to a TCAT
Review the programs of study and any program-specific admission requirements. Complete the FAFSA to apply for the Pell grant, TN Promise scholarship, the TN Reconnect and the Wilder-Naifeh Technical Skills Grant.
Find A Program
Review the programs of study and any program-specific admission requirements.
Complete the FAFSA to apply for the Pell grant, TN Promise scholarship, the TN Reconnect and the Wilder-Naifeh Technical Skills Grant.
Student Services Office-Main Campus
340 Washington Street
Newbern, TN 38059
ONLINE APPLICANTS: If you submit an online application, you will need to monitor your email as we will likely email you further information. You should also contact the college periodically to follow-up with your application process. Inaccurate addresses and phone numbers will likely prevent us from making contact with you regarding enrollment.
General Admission Requirements
- Program enrollment is based on a first-come, first-served basis by date of completed application. (A completed application includes all items required for enrollment.)
- Persons seeking admission to a college must be at least 18 years of age or have a high school diploma or equivalent. For full-time programs, the applicant must declare an occupational objective and demonstrate reasonable potential for achieving that objective.
- All persons who are required to register for the Federal Draft under 50 U.S.C. App. Section 453 are not eligible to enroll in any post-secondary school until they have registered with selective service.
Program-Specific Admission Requirements
Educational and admission requirements vary from program to program.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- D.O.T. medical exam.
- Negative drug screening test (must be within 30 days of starting class).
- Ten year MVR - student can have no more than three moving violations and/or accidents within the past three years and no alcohol or drug-related convictions in the last three years.
- Be a resident of TN and hold a valid state of TN driver's license.
- Obtain a commercial driver's license permit (DPA) prior to starting class.
- Attend an orientation session.
Applicants will be provided with a Four Rivers Regional Nursing Application packet after passing the HESI Exam. All applicants must also complete a TCAT Northwest application at https://tcatnorthwest.edu/future-students/admissions.