The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Northwest is accepting applications for a Lead Instructor/Career Coach working in the Adult Education Programs of Dyer and Crockett Counties. This position requires an engaging instructor who uses performance data to inform instructional decisions, is willing to collaborate with a team to accomplish program goals, and is conscientious about keeping and recording accurate records. This is a grant-funded position.
Application Deadline: Review of applications will commence immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Application Procedure: Please visit https://tcatnorthwest.edu/about/jobs-and-employment for the TCAT Northwest employment application. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, transcripts, and application to:
Latia Smith, Tennessee College of Applied Technology Northwest
340 Washington Street
Newbern, TN 38059
EOE/Title IX/Title VI/ADA Employer
A Tennessee Board of Regents institution
- Bachelor's in Education or related field, and Tennessee Teacher's License or approved Adult Education Licensure Waiver.
- Office Skills: Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.) as well as the ability to learn to use other computer software.
- Effective and excellent communication, both orally and in writing
- Participate in loca1and state activities /staff development.
- Experience in an adult education environment.
- Knowledge of data management systems.
- Demonstrate command of content knowledge of the current AE Curriculum and recommended resources.
- Maintain student files to track students for post-testing.
- Work as a team member.
- Plan, teach and evaluate student work and provide instruction.
- Assists a team of employees by providing constant feedback and communicating with the director.
- Assesses the performance of the instructors and identifies the areas that need improvement/report performance records and evaluation to the director.
- Ensure that the goals, deadlines, and job performance standards are met.
- Develop a recruitment plan that informs the target population of program services and attracts prospective adult learners.
- Assist students with resumes and job applications.
- Assist with student registration, assessment, orientation/career counseling.
- Administer and interpret scores for student placement and instruction.
- Organize and maintain confidential program and student files and report documentation, including maintaining correct student sign-in sheets.
- Work with Leadership Team to develop a program that supports students' progression through the National Reporting System level, ensuring level gains.
- Maintain technical knowledge by engaging in opportunities to improve or increase skills.
- Maintaining time and effort documentation.
- Train new hires to make sure they understand their roles and responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.