The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Northwest - Ripley Branch Campus is accepting applications for the full-time position of Aesthetics Technology Instructor.
Application Deadline: Review of applications will commence immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Application Procedure: Please visit https://tcatnorthwest.edu/about/jobs-and-employment for the TCAT Northwest employment application. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, transcripts, and application to:
Latia Smith, Tennessee College of Applied Technology Northwest
340 Washington Street
Newbern, TN 38059
EOE/Title IX/Title VI/ADA Employer
A Tennessee Board of Regents institution
- A high school diploma or GED/HiSET required; Associate Degree preferred.
- Vocational or Technical School certification training or apprenticeship in Aesthetics required.
- Current, valid Tennessee License as Aesthetics Instructor required.
- Three (3) years of successful recent employment experience in the specialty area to be taught.
- Must possess a complete and thorough knowledge of procedures and methods related to teaching.
- Willingness to remain current in the technological changes of the industry.
- Shall possess skills and knowledge in all areas of aesthetics.
- Possess good character, mature attitude, stable personality, and exhibit evidence of potential ability to instruct.
- Requires initiative and cooperation; i.e., to plan and organize work without close supervision; show initiative and perseverance in satisfying student and community needs; ability and possess a desire to interact with other faculty, staff and students.
- Possess good organizational, mathematical, language, writing and communication skills.
- Must have the ability to complete reports/paperwork and meet deadlines.
- Develop, plan and prepare a complete progressive course of study in the Aesthetics Program, lesson plans, assignments, and instructional aides, and keep these revised and up to date to meet the requirements of the industry.
- Monitor, grade, and evaluate individual students’ progress, maintain student records in the college’s student records management software, maintain appropriate documentation, and submit timely reports.
- Other duties include curriculum development, student recruitment and professional development, placement of graduates for employment in related fields, follow-up of program graduates, participation in professional development activities, and participation in student organizations.
- Maintain good public relations with related business and industry, maintain an active advisory committee, cooperate with outside agencies and supervise and follow-up on students participating in cooperative education.
- Instruct students in safety and practice good safety habits.
- Others duties as assigned.