The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Northwest is accepting applications for a part-time HiSET Chief Examiner working in the Adult Education Programs for Dyer and Lake counties. The Chief Examiner is responsible for the overall quality of the testing program at the HiSET testing centers. Their major responsibility is to uphold the integrity of the HiSET Program by effectively organizing and overseeing the test administration process. This is a grant-funded position.
Application Deadline: Review of applications will commence immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Application Procedure: Please visit https://tcatnorthwest.edu/about/jobs-and-employment for the TCAT Northwest employment application. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, transcripts, and application to:
Teresa Yates, Tennessee College of Applied Technology Northwest
340 Washington Street
Newbern, TN 38059
EOE/Title IX/Title VI/ADA Employer
A Tennessee Board of Regents institution
- Baccalaureate in Education or a related field.
- Have at least three (3) years of experience in teaching, training, counseling, or testing: or college-level coursework in those fields. Not to be involved in High School instruction.
- Effective and excellent communication, both orally and in writing.
- Participate in local and state activities /staff development.
- Experience in an adult education environment.
- Office Skills: Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.) as well as the ability to learn to use other computer software.
- Knowledge of data management systems.
- Work as a team member.
- Manage and oversee a high-quality testing program that verifies access for all qualified test takers and confirms the integrity of the HiSET and its administration.
- Verify the identity and eligibility of each HiSET test taker.
- Maintain testing surveillance logs, seating charts, and other documentation as required.
- Maintain the security of all testing materials.
- Prepare a written inventory of all secure testing materials used during each test administration and maintain the inventory documentation in the permanent secure storage area.
- Conduct testing sessions in accordance with PSI policies and procedures set forth in the program manual.
- Control testing sessions by following all PSI policies and procedures for conducting a testing session under standard conditions or, when appropriate, with accommodations for test takers with disabilities or health-related needs.
- Adhere to PSI policies regarding preparing and submitting testing materials for scoring.
- Inform State Administrator of all disruptions or suspicious events that take place during any testing session promptly and in writing, by using a Test Administrator Irregularity Form.
- Conduct investigations into test compromises and testing irregularities; follow PSI policies and procedures for reporting these irregularities.
- Attend appropriate examiner meetings sponsored by the jurisdiction.
- Maintain testing area to ensure that a suitable testing environment is available for students and that all shared space is left in an appropriate condition.
- Comply with all policies and procedures.
- Maintain the overall quality of the testing program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.