Job TitleStudent Support Specialist
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Northwest Covington Branch Campus is accepting applications for a full-time Student Support Specialist.
Application Deadline: Review of applications will commence immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Application Procedure: Please visit https://tcatnorthwest.edu/about/jobs-and-employment for the TCAT Northwest employment application.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, transcripts, and application to: Teresa Yates, Tennessee College of Applied Technology Northwest 340 Washington Street, Newbern, TN 38059 email@example.com
• Requires a technical diploma, Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Three years of experience working in a post-secondary institution preferred
• Evidence of excellent communication and computer skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Possess organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Responsible for admissions and recruitment for the institution, including answering phone calls, assisting with walk-ins, disseminating information regarding the programs available, conducting new student orientation, and providing tours of the College.
• Contact and communicate with secondary guidance counselors, principals, superintendents, teachers, and students in high schools throughout the service area and with American Job Centers, Vocational Rehabilitation, Human Services, Veterans Administration, and other agencies who direct prospective students to the college.
• Maintain files on prospective students and notify them of enrollment date.
• Assist with registering new and continuing students.
• Create and maintain marketing materials and assist in coordinating an effective social media presence.
• Participate in school, community, business, industry, and professional relationship endeavors. • Inform prospective students of the availability of financial aid programs.
• Assist current students and prospective students with their financial aid applications (FAFSA).
• Assist with financial aid counseling to prospective students and parents. Makes necessary referrals to other student service offices.
• Attend job fairs/career and other community events.
• Assist team members when necessary to enable the success of the department.
• Other duties as assigned by the Lead Student Services Coordinator, Vice Presidents, and President